Wednesday 3 August 2016

Sewing machine holiday

My sewing machine is having it's very first service!  Given I don't even know how old it is (I got it secondhand from a friend of a friend) and how much it has been used especially over the last few years it is waaaaaay overdue for a service.  I'm dreading the fluff and lack of oil and horrible things they may find inside it (I don't eat while sewing, but I do sew non-standard things now and then...), but I am very much looking forward to having it back all spiffy and working smoothly again.  It's been very very slowly getting ropey over the last few months especially with more tangles and snarls and just general sluggishness, so hopefully when I get it back those will be gone and I should be able to have a carefree sewing experience (lol).

In the meantime I have more sashiko (including a sashiko commission - ooo....) to do, some pattern drafting and other non-machine-y things to do.  I also have about 4 blog posts in the works, but haven't had much time/energy/will lately.  Hopefully I'll be able to get more of them done while the machine is having it's spa time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment